AAAO-EC offers expertise in the testing, verification and certification of stability for industries in mining, civil construction and material handling machinery. Below is a list of the services provided by AAAO-EC:
Mining, construction, material handling machinery and equipment:
- Safety and stability of machines and equipment in work, transport and out of service maintenance;
- Tipping lines, tipping angles, stability angles and required stability angle;
- Safety analysis of steel wire ropes; and
- Risk management of the following potential equipment hazards: transportation, assembly and dismantling, out of service, storage and maintenance.
- Audit or revision of existing technical documentation;
- Technical manuals and documentation updates;
- Documentation and compliance with required standards and regulations;
- Assisting in training and improving body of knowledge for all levels;
- Development of work method statement and ensure appropriate risk management factors are considered; and
- Lifting and handling equipment (these services are specialised and provided on demand based on individuals requirements):
- Lifting and spread beams;
- C-Hooks; and
- Drums and liquid material vessel handling equipment.
Stability: Wrong Practice SA- EN16228 STABILITY DEFINITION Tipping Lines (ISO-4305) versus Stability Reference Lines
View Stability presentation >
Stability mining and construction machinery
The stability of any piece of machinery is related to the centre of gravity position and reference point or line.The new EN and ISO standards define the stability of machines in reference to the stability angle. AAAO-EC provides services to verify the stability angle and ensure that appropriate controls are implemented to maintain the stability...
View Stability mining and construction machinery >
Handling grease for oil drums
Manipulation of grease for oil drums can be very difficult and requires significant safety precautions. AAAO-EC provides services in designing, developing and manufacturing tools that provide efficiency, effectiveness and appropriate safety conditions for grease manipulation. With a variety of drum handlers, AAAO-EC can offer specialised services based on customers specific requirements. AAAO-EC will provide the tools for the grease manipulation which...
View Handling grease for oil drums >
Steel Wire Rope- Safety Factors
The Australian standard AS2759, requires that the minimum design factor for Steel Wire Ropes under general conditions (Safety Factors (SF)) is λ = 4 for stationary rope and λ = 5 for running rope. The below picture is a puzzle which illustrates the safety factors to be considered for steel wire ropes. Contact AAAO-EC if you have any queries in regards to the...
View Steel Wire Rope- Safety Factors >
Steel coils handling C-Hook
Handling heavy steel coils (i.e. in the range of OD 2100 mm/ID 600 mm/ width from 79 mm up to 610 mm) is not a simple task. The crane hook's lifting point with the C-Hook must lie on the vertical line that passes through the centre of gravity of the crane hook and steel coils. Considering the various width of...
View Steel coils handling C-Hook >
Tribology is the science of friction wherever relative motion occur between two elements ( pairs). We need friction in our life! But when transporting-transferring energy we have to reduce the friction in particular coefficient of friction. AAAO-Engineering has been researching and incorporating Tribology principals into our engineering designs for more than a decade. We specialise...
View Tribology >